It can be hard enough to worry about what you put in your body, so why would you also need to worry about what you put on your body, brushing your teeth with, or feeding to your pets? Because non-food (or non-people-foods) can cause issues for you just as much as what you’re eating. You don’t want to be kissed by someone who just ate gluten. Do you want your pet, who just did the same, to give you a big slobbery kiss? Or to lick your hands (or your kids hands with gluten-mouth)? Probably not.
Have you had unexpected reactions to non-foods, only to find out gluten was an ingredient? I’d like to hear your story.
- Body Wash
- Pet food (especially cheaper, big name brands)
- Play-doh – contains wheat
- Prescription & OTC Medicines
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Vitamin and Mineral supplements
- Just like with medicines, there are no ingredient restrictions or monitoring (except by Celiacs!), so you’ll have to do your own research. More and more companies are labeling gluten free, but still ask! Make sure they’re not running on shared lines.
A list of brands which appear to be safe based on their website.
If I have reviewed them, I’ll include a link to that post as well.